Bitumen Drums Specifications are used to store and transport bitumen, a thick black mixture of hydrocarbons that occurs naturally or as a byproduct of petroleum distillation. Bitumen drum specs vary based on the manufacturer and intended purpose, but they commonly have the following features:
1. Material: Drums are often composed of steel or other metal alloys to resist the high temperatures of hot bitumen while maintaining structural integrity.
2. Capacity: The most typical bitumen drum size is 200 liters (about 55 gallon). However, sizes do vary, and certain drums may have bigger or smaller capacities.
3. Dimensions: A 200-liter drum normally measures 88 cm in height and 59 cm in diameter. The measurements may vary significantly depending on the manufacturer.
4. Thickness: The thickness of the drum wall is critical for both safety and durability. This can vary, but a typical thickness is between 0.6 mm and 1.2 mm.
5. Coating: The inside of the drum is frequently coated with anti-rust and anti-corrosive compounds to protect the metal from the corrosive nature of bitumen.
6. Temperature Resistance: Because bitumen is stored and transported at high temperatures, the barrels should be able to tolerate temperatures of 160°C or higher.
7. Sealing: The drums have tight-sealing lids to prevent leaks and contamination. The sealing mechanism is designed to withstand temperature variations that cause the drum to expand and compress.
8. Handling and Transportation: The drums are equipped with features such as rolling hoops, handles, and cradles to facilitate handling and transportation.
9. regulations and Compliance: They frequently must adhere to a variety of international and local regulations for the safety, quality, and transportation of hazardous goods.
10. Labeling and Marking: Regulations require proper labeling of contents, handling directions, hazard warnings, and other relevant information.
11. Recyclability: Many drums are designed to be recyclable or reusable to address environmental concerns.
These criteria ensure the safe and efficient storage and transportation of Bitumen Drums Specifications. The exact parameters vary depending on the grade of bitumen, regional legislation, and transportation and storage requirements.